- Do you want to attract search engine
traffic from your YouTube videos?
- Do you want to improve the rankings
of your current videos?
- Do you want to get more views?
One of the main factors that determine the rankings of your videos is how many different places your video has been embedded. The more locations the better. One of the best locations is your own website or blog.
So how do embed a YouTube video into a WordPress page or post?
Watch on YouTube:
1. Copy the embed code from YouTube
- Under your YouTube video click the “share” button
- Click the “Embed” button”
- Select the video size from the drop down box
- Uncheck “show suggested videos when the video finishes”
- Copy the html code (Ctrl+C on your keyboard)
2. Insert the embed code into WordPress page
- Create a new post or page
- Dashboard – Posts – Add New
- Make sure you’re in html view
- Paste the YouTube embed code into your page
- Publish the post
3. Transcribe video content then add it to your web page
The context within which your video appears on the web page helps boost your rankings in Google and YouTube. Transcribe the video then add the text to your web page. Insert the video embed code next to the content that best describes it.
4. Add the title to your video
Add the title above your video then hyperlink it to the URL of your YouTube video
Here are some other locations for embedding your video to gain more backlinks and boost your rankings in YouTube and Google.
- Web 2.0 blogs (WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, StumbleUpon)
- Article directories
- Press releases
- Social media sites (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
Uploading your video to YouTube is just the beginning of the promotion process. If you want it to be seen by 1000s of eyeballs you need to embed it on multiple web properties. This will not only boost your rankings but grow your audience.
And now I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my Free E-course ““